2022 Men’s League
Sign-up sheets will be available in the clubhouse starting immediately! Hoping to have everyone signed up for leagues by May 3rd (spring scramble) for men’s league.
Gentlemen, the 2022 golf season is just around the corner and I want to get you some of our key dates as well as some of the changes to Men’s League this year.
I know that there are quite a few groups that like to make Tuesday’s an all-day extravaganza, which we encourage and love! I need to mention that there has been a lot of increased interest in people joining Men’s League this year. In order to try and grow our league, anyone that is making a tee time for their league round will get the right of way before groups looking to go out again for their 2nd or 3rd round of the day. This does not mean that those of you wanting to play more holes will not be able to go out again, this simply means that if you want to go out for another round at 5:00 and there is a new group of men joining league and they want to make their tee time for 5:00, the group playing their league round will get the box first.
Standing Tee-Time sheet is at the clubhouse now. If you were in league last year, your time will be granted to you again this year.
The 2022 fees will be as follows (must be paid with cash or check):
- $30 for MGA handicap (mandatory, goes straight to the MGA, that’s their charge to us)
- $75 for men’s league (16 weeks comes out to $3.12/week)
- $25 for the blind bogey skins game (optional)
- Longest putt and closest to the pin $1 per game each week (not included in league dues)
- $5 “back nine” (opposite 9 of league) skins game (not included in league dues)
Play your own ball, stroke play, net scores used for calculating team weekly scores. You MUST play your round with at least 1 other person in men’s league.
Teams will be broken into 3 or 4 tiers (top ¼ of team will be “A’s”, next ¼ will be “B’s” and so on). Each team will take 1 net score each week from each tier. Teams will not take 2 scores from the same tier even if they are one of the lowest scores.
If a team does not have someone play from a particular tier, they will be awarded a “dummy score”. The dummy score will be figured by taking the highest score that was used from all of the other teams in that tier and 3 strokes will be added.
Individuals will be responsible for writing their own scores on the sheet, what tees were played, and scores in the computer each and every week.
Scores must be written down every week otherwise they will NOT be counted and the individual will not get credit for playing that week.
This year we will be having 2 halves instead of 4 quarters. The top 2 teams from each half will make the playoffs. The playoffs will be used for year-end payouts; however, the overall team champ will be figured by accumulating the entire season point total (these individuals will go on the league champ plaque).
Rain-outs will not be made up, that half will just have less weeks in it.
Also, by changing to more teams, there will be less people that make the playoffs. This means that the playoff teams will get paid out more, as well as, more clubs in the year end drawing.
- Any individual missing 0-1 league dates will go into a drawing to win a new Driver ($600 value)
- Any individuals missing 2-3 league dates (or less) will go into a drawing to win a new putter ($250 value)
- Any individuals missing 2-3 league dates (or less) will go into a drawing to win a new wedge ($175 value)
- Any individuals missing 3-4 league dates (or less) will go into a drawing to win a dozen golf balls of their choice (up to $55 value)
- You will go into ALL of the drawings if you missed only 0-1 weeks, if you miss 2-3 you will be in the drawings for the putter, the wedge and the golf balls.
- Other drawings and prizes may be done in addition to those mentioned above. It all depends on the turnout that we can get for our Men’s League this year.
- May 3rd – Spring Scramble (5:00 pm shotgun, meal and meeting to follow)
- May 10th through June 28th – 1st half
- July 5th through August 23rd – 2nd half
- August 30th – Playoffs
- September 6th – Men’s League fall scramble “Cook’s Open” (Meal and drawings to follow in clubhouse)